What is a descriptive essay?
A descriptive essay is a composition or paper that describes an object, person, process, or event. This type of essay usually appeals to the five senses; taste, smell, touch, hearing, and sight. The main aim of writing this type of essay is to paint a picture for the reader by appealing to the five senses and one should always have a purpose in their writing. The purpose could be a lesson learned from experience and is all about making your bright ideas come to life. A descriptive essay assignment is usually given to test one’s ability to use language in an original and creative way to convey to the reader a memorable image of what they are describing.
Issues that could be described in a descriptive paper
- A person; in this kind of paper, you talk about a person where you can talk about their appearance, their actions, behaviors, mood, and qualities of the individual.
- A place; in describing places, be sure to describe it interestingly and originally. Let your reader for example feel the beauty of the city you choose to describe.
- An event; this kind of essay describes the story of what happened. It could be your last vacation, a wedding, a concert, a festival, etc.
- An animal where one is required to describe a given animal. This could be its appearance, behavior, or Biology.
- An occupation where you are required to write about a certain job or occupation.
- A behavior where you are required to talk about someone’s behavior. You may for example describe your friend’s strange behavior or talk of how certain people act under different conditions.
6 tips on how to write a descriptive essay
- Choose a topic if not already assigned one. Be careful when selecting a topic as the topic chosen reflects the observations made by the writer. Choose a topic you can easily express your thoughts.
- Create a thesis statement. Mention the objective or purpose behind writing the essay in your thesis statement which could be one or two sentences. The thesis statement could also include your views in a solid manner.
- Write a strong introduction.
- Write the body. Make sure the paragraphs are all connected with the thesis statement.
- Wrap up your descriptive essay with a really strong conclusion. Your conclusion should reinstate the thesis statement and should leave a lasting impression on the reader.
- Review/edit/proofread your essay. This is important as it corrects grammatical errors and errors related to structure or relevancy. It is advisable that you have a third party to help you proofread your essay and provide unbiased feedback.
More to these tips, it is important to use figurative language in your descriptive essay. This will enhance the content and leave a greater impact on the reader. You can use similes, metaphors, personification, hyperbole, understatement, symbolism, and onomatopoeia.
Descriptive essay assignment help
When presented with descriptive essay homework, a student is required to give a personal experience. This poses a challenge to many students as they tend to get too personal and thus end up seeming silly or overdramatic and things tend to get boring. In writing a descriptive essay homework, one has to make sure that the reader feels as if whatever is being described is in front of their eyes, they taste it, they can hear it or they can smell it. The writer is required to present the picture of their topic as honestly as they can and this is always a challenge to many students. Most students tend to seek professional help from experienced and qualified writers and this is why top academic writers are here for you. Our essay writers offer the best descriptive essay writing services at an affordable rate and with an excellent quality guarantee. When you think of a writing company to handle your descriptive essay, think of top academic writer. We are always waiting to hear from you and meet your needs.