An expository essay explores various angles of a specific topic to provide information in an objective manner to the reader. It requires a student to investigate an idea, evaluate evidence, expound on the idea, and set forth an argument concerning that idea clearly and concisely. Writing an expository essay will help students learn about analysis resources in an effective way, helps students learn how to rearrange various ideas, and lastly, it helps students get an insight on how few things are similar and different from each other by using compare and contrast approaches. There are 6 types of expository essays which include
- Cause and effect essays that study why something happens and what its consequences are.
- Classification essays require one to categorize ideas or items according to their similarities and differences.
- Comparison or contrast essays that point out the similarities and differences between two things or ideas.
- Definition essays that explain a term or concept. The essay also goes ahead to cover what the term or concept may mean in different contexts.
- Problem or solution essays are essays that state a problem clearly, analyze it in detail, and propose solutions to the given problem..
- Process essay which explains a process or a procedure step by step.
6 steps on how to write an expository essay
- Choose a topic if not already assigned one. Make sure that the topic chosen is manageable and that you at least know something about the issue. Since there are thousands of topics, be sure to settle on an interesting topic making the writing process easy and exciting.
- Do your research. Collect all suitable and important details related to the topics and remember to take note of all the sources and references.
- Write your thesis statement. A thesis statement is a central idea behind the whole essay. It should clearly define the purpose as well as the theme of the essay to the readers
- Write an outline of your essay which could be simply an introduction, the body of your essay, and finally the conclusion.
- Draft your essay. It is important to ensure that for every paragraph, you have a topic sentence that relates to your thesis statement.
- Edit and proofread your essay. You can also have someone help you do this.
Expository essay writing services
Writing an expository essay revolves around evaluating evidence and collecting facts to write a compelling piece. It requires one to follow a definite structure and specific guidelines. This structure consists of an introduction that introduces the topic and outlines the main ideas in the essay. In writing a good introduction, include a hook to capture the reader’s attention. The second part is the body, mostly 3 paragraphs where each paragraph starts with a topic sentence and concludes with a statement that rounds off the point presented in the paragraph and serves as a transition to the next paragraph. The last part, the conclusion, summarizes the key ideas presented in the body paragraphs and includes a final thought on the topic which could be an opinion, a solution, or a prediction. More to this, writing an expository essay requires that the student goes through several books or whatever resources and writes clear statements with clear explanations thus painting a clear picture to the readers.
However, not all students have excellent writing and researching skills and this is why we are here for you. We offer the best expository essay writing services to students at a pocket-friendly rate. Our service consists of a group of experts in the field of academic writing, editing, and proofreading. We aim at easing your complicated student’s life that is full of deadlines and requirements. Try our expository writing services today and have our writing experts deliver the best quality work at a reasonable rate for all your assignments.