What is JAVA programming?
JAVA is one of the main object-oriented programming languages (enables the programmer to modularize code into classes and objects to simplify the representation of logic within the program) and was developed by Sun Microsystem in 1995. It is a general multipurpose language that is mostly used to develop mobile applications, desktop applications, games, etc. The Java language builds on existing syntax from C++, adding a slew of additional features to these languages while eliminating tedious, antiquated practices like header files, pointers, and memory management. The language was revolutionary when first released because of its platform-independent nature—Java programs are compiled into bytecode to be run by the Java virtual machine, allowing programs to be universally executable on any operating system: Windows, Mac, or Linux. It is now maintained by Oracle which acquired Sun Microsystems in 2010. The Java Class Libraries offer a formidable set of dynamically accessible libraries that Java applications can call at run-time, enabling instant access to pre-built data structures and modules which rapidly extend the capacity of the Java program. Java is a multithreaded language that enables users to write programs that can perform multiple tasks at once. It also contains user-interface support using Java Swing, enabling users to rapidly prototype and develop graphical user interfaces, including applets that can be run in the web browser. From these features, it is thus easy to see why Java has had great success as a programming language and is so popularly used for commercial applications and for educational purposes. It can be used to solve any challenge in computer science and can be quickly deployed to create any computer program needed.
10 Key features of Java programming
- Object-oriented. Everything in Java is an object and thus Java can be easily extended.
- Platform independent. Unlike many other programming languages including C and C++, when Java is compiled, it is not compiled into a platform-specific machine, rather into platform-independent bytecode. This byte code is distributed over the web and interpreted by the Virtual Machine (JVM) on whichever platform it is being run on.
- Simple. Java is designed to be easy to learn.
- Secure. With Java’s secure feature it enables the development of virus-free, tamper-free systems. Authentication techniques are based on public-key encryption.
- Architecture neutral. Java compiler generates an architecture-neutral object file format. This makes the compiled code executable on many processors with the presence of a Java runtime system.
- Portable. It is architecture-neutral and has no implementation dependent aspects thus portable. The compiler in Java is written in ANSI C with a clean portability boundary, which is a POSIX subset.
- Robust. Java makes an effort to eliminate error-prone situations by emphasizing mainly on compile-time error checking and runtime checking.
- Multithreaded. With the multithreaded feature, it is possible to write programs that can perform many tasks simultaneously. This design feature allows the developers to construct interactive applications that can run smoothly.
- Interpreted. Java byte code is translated on the fly to native machine instructions and is not stored anywhere. The development process is more rapid and analytical since linking is an incremental and light-weight process.
- Dynamic. It is more dynamic than C or C++ since it is designed to adapt to an evolving environment. Java programs can carry an extensive amount of run-time information that can be used to verify and resolve access to objects at run-time.
Java programming assignment help
Java programming is the cornerstone of your computer science or related IT degree from college. It opens numerous opportunities to start your career as a professional programmer, however, it doesn’t come easily. All the work starts with handling java programming assignments. For beginners, Java programming assignments may be a challenge and end up looking for Java programming assignment help. They are complex and keep students puzzled due to the plethora of concepts and applications you can do with Java programming. This is why our Java programming assignment help is just a click away. We offer help with java programming homework at an affordable rate and with a high-quality guarantee.