What is nursing
The term nursing is used to refer to a profession or practice where one is involved in providing care to the sick as well as infirm individuals. The most common tasks of a nurse are to educate about the importance of health, help patients recover from health issues, help patients take the right measures to get rid of the disease and promote various ideas to improve the life span. In nursing, there are four fundamental concepts which include;
- Health. When we talk of health, we are talking of the physical and mental well-being of a person which keeps changing over a person’s lifetime. The nurse gives instructions to the patients to take good care of their health without getting deteriorated due to changes in lifestyle. Basically, the nurses will help people to recover from their prolonging mental or physical health issues and they care for injured patients to restore them back to normal life.
- Illness. Heath deviation occurs in 3 phases where first, the illness is identified, and in the second phase, the state of illness is accepted and in the third phase, proper treatment is given to recover from the illness. The role of the nurse is to supervise and interpret symptoms, give medication, and care for the patients.
- Stress. A nurse’s main job is to reduce the stress of patients by making them feel comfortable. They offer the required support to patients whose health condition is getting deteriorated due to a health issue or injury. These people will listen to the concerns of patients, explain the procedures to patients, protect patients’ privacy, and track the progress of their health condition from time to time.
- Promote health. nurses are responsible for informing about the preventive methods and driving patients to embrace health practices and following a healthy lifestyle. Nurses will also counsel about the risks of drinking alcohol, weight issues, and give other self-care tips to improve the quality of life.
Types of nursing
- Psychiatric nursing. Also known as mental health nursing and deals with mental health and care for people of all ages who are experiencing mental illness or mental distress and mental disorders.
- Neurological nursing. Also known as neuroscience nursing and deals with the prevention and treatment of conditions that are related to the nervous system. The nervous system includes the brain, spinal cord, and nerves.
- Orthopedic nursing. Deals with musculoskeletal diseases and disorders that include arthritis, bone fractures, genetic malformations, arthritis, broken bones, and joint replacements.
- Cancer nursing. Just like the name suggests, it involves the care of cancer-related patients. It covers all kinds of cancers among humans and helps in the early detection and prevention of cancer patients. It is committed to providing the best treatment modalities to cancer patients.
- Community health nursing. Community health nursing is also known as public health nursing and is the combination of primary healthcare and nursing practice in a community setting. The nurses provide various health-related services to the communities and the public, such as preventive care, intervention, health education, and many more.
- Ophthalmic nursing. Deals with the treatment of patients with eye disease and injuries. The most common eye diseases are blindness, cataracts, macular degeneration, astigmatism, nearsightedness.
Nursing essay homework writing help
To come up with the best nursing essay, students are required to have profound knowledge in the nursing discipline. Students must also ensure that they have quality writing and researching skills so as to come up with quality nursing essays that guarantee the attaining of high grades. Writing nursing essays can be challenging with the subject varying from anatomical and biochemical structures to nutrition and psychology. They require one to not only use theoretical knowledge obtained from books but also practical knowledge gained while carrying out the basic nursing procedures. This is why Top AcademicWriter is here for all your nursing essay homework writing help services. In case you are looking for help with a nursing essay assignment, our expert writers will help you get the concepts and work through your assignments to acquire a good grade in your nursing course. Request our services today for a well-written quality nursing essay at an affordable rate.