Psychology essay writing
Psychology is a complicated discipline as it mainly deals with the study of the mind. Writing a quality psychology essay not only requires a student to have profound knowledge in the psychology discipline but also necessitates reliable writing and researching skills. More to this, students have to ensure that they dedicate adequate time to the writing process since various procedures might be quite time-consuming. Many students however lack reliable writing and researching skills and are unable to come up with excellent papers. This is why we are here to help students in need of professional writing services. Our psychology expert writers handle your topics from scratch and deliver excellently handled papers at an affordable rate. Some sample essay topics they have successfully handled include;
- True altruism does not exist.
- False memories and how they can impact our lives.
- How effective is cognitive behavior therapy
- Theory of mind and children with autism
- Cause and effects of social harassment in the workplace
- Emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Effects of soothing music in adolescent anger
- Schizophrenia and the effect on social cognition
- Social psychological reasons for increasing vaccination rates
- Relationship between self-esteem and marital satisfaction
Try our psychology essay writing services today for this and more psychological topics.
How to write a psychology essay
The essay will usually consist of the following structural components.
- Introduction. The introduction section should present information that attracts the readers to the discussed matter. In writing the introduction, you will need to explain why your choice of topic is worth investigating. You will be required to provide some basic information about it proving that the psychological state for example depression in teenagers may lead to serious consequences and thus the need to explore.
- Essay question. Once you have identified the subject matter, it is important you present the research question you are going to examine. For papers based on qualitative analysis, pose research questions but for those based on quantitative analysis, make hypotheses.
- Literature review. The literature review section requires you to present the sources you used to gather information. In reviewing your literature, highlight your topic first and then make a summary of the reviewed literature.
- Conclusion. Restate the key points of your work and keep in mind that the conclusion should make everything clear in that the readers should not have any question about the examined issue.
Do’s and Don’ts of writing an effective psychology essay
- Do not write a novel. Tell a story. Your essay should be a straightforward story of a question that needs an answer.
- Do not try to prove a theory. Support the theory in form of evidence.
- Do not overuse low-value sources of evidence but instead use high-value journals and professional books as your main sources of evidence.
- Don’t editorialize. Express your point of view through an objective presentation of evidence.
- Do not overuse secondary sources. Instead, read the work of all authors you cite and remember that you are responsible for accurate reporting of other people’s works.
- Do not overuse technical jargon. If you must use a technical term, define it.
- Do not overuse direct quotations. Rephrase and summarize important points of other writers in your own words. Remember to cite.
- Avoid the use of footnotes or endnotes. Incorporate the footnote material directly into the body of the paper.
- When expressing a given concept, do not substitute synonyms. It is also advisable that you use the same words or phrases each time you express a given concept for clarity.
- Do not use the first person. Write in the third person.
- Avoid overusing the present tense. Use present perfect tense or the past tense.
- Avoid using the passive voice. Use the active voice when possible.
- Avoid including more than one idea per paragraph. Keep paragraphs and sentences short for clarity.